The Boston University School of Medicine/Boston Medical Center’s Section of General Internal Medicine Clinical Addiction Research and Education (CARE) Unit is seeking a bright and motivated student to assist on a grant application for a National Institutes of Health (NIH) Alcohol Research Center on HIV/AIDS.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Contribute to the development and writing of a 5 year multi-million dollar grant
- Literature searches
- Written summaries of scientific articles
- Maintaining reference database (e.g., RefWorks)
- Participate in discussions on research design, analytic approaches, and protocol development
- Learn about ongoing research within the CARE Unit, (e.g., HIV prevention in Russian and India) by attending weekly study meetings
- Clinical observation by shadowing general internal medicine physicians (e.g., Methadone treatment clinic; primary care)
Preferred experience & interests:
- Searching for references using library databases
- Summarizing articles for academic papers
- Pre-med (declared or intended) or public health
- Interest in HIV or addiction issues
Visit www.bumc.bu.edu/careunit for more information on the activities of the CARE Unit Faculty. Position is located at Boston University Medical Campus, Section of General Internal Medicine 801 Massachusetts Ave., Boston, MA 02118. For more details about the position or to apply, please contact Carly Bridden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-414-5768.