My name is Kacy Walz and I am contacting your Boston University organization on behalf of City Year Boston. We are currently recruiting volunteers for our City Year for Kids (CYFK) week-long day programs which run during the Boston Public School winter and spring breaks.
A quick run-down on CYFK:
- City Year Boston runs CYFK programs at three different sites in Boston: Dorchester High, the James Condon Elementary School, and the Dennis C Haley Elementary School.
- At these three sites we serve about 600 elementary school students who might otherwise not have any adult supervision during the school breaks
- Volunteers are paired with a City Year Corps Member to work with a team of 10-12 children in the first through fifth grades
- City Year Corps Members plan all activities for CYFK, so volunteers need only show up and prepare to have fun hanging out with kids!
- Volunteer commitments can range from a morning, an afternoon, a day or two, or the whole week. (On Fridays we have a carnival!)
Requirements to volunteer:
- Volunteers must be at least sixteen years old
- Must be available to meet for one of the following training sessions*
* January 31st 10:30-11:30am
* February 10th 6:30-7:30pm
For more information, please call our CYFK hotline at 617-927-2473 or feel free to respond to KWalz09@cityyear.org!