*One Laptop per Child Africa Internship Program*
Students have played a pivotal role in every revolution, except learning.
That will change in 2009. Through One Laptop per Child, student teams from
around the world will each deploy 100 XO-laptops throughout Africa this
summer. If you are an undergraduate or graduate student with an interest in
education, technology or capacity building, our internship will provide you
with unprecedented hands-on experience.
Student Teams will:
- travel to one of the 53 African countries of their choosing for *9-10 weeks*
- participate in a *10-day orientation in Kigali, Rwanda* at OLPC?s office
- receive a *$10,000 (USD) team stipend*
- deploy *100 XO laptops*, including hardware and support
- collaborate with other teams as part of a life-long global network empowering a generation
- send 1 representative to *MIT/OLPC?s all-expense paid summit* from Oct 10th-12th 2009
About OLPCorps Africa
Our interns will be active members of our innovative 1 to 1 laptop-learning
project and hold key roles as leaders in our grassroots movement. OLPC
summer internships, which are full-time commitments, begin June 8. Teams
will work closely with the One Laptop per Child team to design and implement
XO deployments, join a uniquely African OLPC network, and lead a growing
How to apply:
For more information on OLPCorps Africa and specific application
requirements, please visit our website:
must be received by March 27th.
Note: Latin America internships are available in Peru & Uruguay. Please
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.