Title: Electronic Medical Record System Manager (volunteer)
Project Muso Ladamunen (PML) is a non-profit corporation based in Yirimadjo, Mali, whose mission is to improve community health by enabling women to fight poverty. Through health service delivery, training, research, nonformal education, microfinance, community action, and advocacy, PML works with mothers in Mali to interrupt cycles of poverty and disease.
Volunteer Job Description Overview:
PML is looking for a part-time volunteer database manager to lead our Electronic Medical Record (EMR) team. Although based in the US, the database manager will work closely several members of Project Muso’s team in Mali, including the team of the Community Based Malaria program and the data entry officer at the Yirimadjo Community Health Center.
The EMR in use is built on Microsoft Access. It holds records of over 2,000 patients with multiple conditions and illnesses, and is increasing in number of patient records every day. The database is used for administration, and financial report generation. We are seeking assistance to manage the day-to-day functioning of the EMR as well as to expand the capabilities and use of the EMR to facilitate quality of care improvement and research. This position combines real database management work with the emotional rewards of seeing your work be put to direct use in a worthwhile cause.
- Support the day-to-day functioning of PML’s EMR, including making regular assessments of the system’s functioning, bug fixing, and assuring quality of data
- Designing report generating systems for patient markers
- Develop new capabilities of the EMR for PML based on the identified needs of the program
- Working knowledge of SQL and Visual Basic for Microsoft Access
- Experience with database programming, database management and report generation
- Ability to respond to frequently shifting needs on the ground with flexibility while maintaining a positive approach and sense of humor.
- Available up to 10 hours per week; flexibility to respond urgently to troubleshooting needs
- Detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment and interact professionally with culturally diverse staff
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Interest in social justice and health care issues
- French is a plus, but not required
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.