Description: EGSG is a 7 week course designed to teach participates about healthy eating on a budget. The class runs for 2.5 hours each week with the first 1.5 hours dedicated to nutrition and cooking and the final hour dedicated to financial management skills. At the end of the course, participants should feel empowered to eat well on a regular basis and feel as though they have the financial resources to do so. The volunteer needed for this program will help coordinate the program as well as help to solidify the financial component of the program. A “loose” curriculum currently exists, but needs to be put into a format so that it can be taught by others.
Class will run in the evening, 6-8:30pm at Dorchester House in May-June. Exact dates and day of week to be determined.
- Gathering intake information for participants and entering it into our evaluation software, ETO
- Making reminder calls to participants reminding them about each weekly class
- Participating in class and providing feedback to the Diabetes Initiative Project Coordinator
- Observing financial session of class and taking notes on how it is instructed
- Working with financial instructor and using notes from financial session to develop an easy to follow curriculum that can be taught by others.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Kathy Gorman, MS, RD, LDN at email@example.com.