Special information session on Friday, December 4th, 2009!
A presentation will be made by Richard Montoni, a BU Alum and CEO of Maximus. Mr. Montoni is offering at least one internship to qualified BU students for the summer.
Location: Boston University School of Managment (595 Commonwealth Ave.)
Feld Career Center Conference Room (Rm. 114)
Time: 12:00 pm (Lunch will be available)
*We request that you RSVP in order to attend the information session.
Please email Deborah Halliday at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on attending
About the internship:
MAXIMUS is an extremely dynamic and complex organization that offers government and industry a range of unique services, products, and solutions. Please join BU Alum Richard Montoni, CEO of MAXIMUS, for this presentation. He will talk about the MAXIMUS internship program.
The diverse services and products that MAXIMUS offers may be categorized into two groups: Government Operations and Government Consulting. Government Operations focuses on having a measurable impact on the lives of the citizens we help government serve. The insights of MAXIMUS Consulting and our technological innovations help government gain program efficiencies and pursue improvements that in turn benefit citizens.
MAXIMUS Internships are now listed on BU CareerLink, and open for your application. Please log on, read the descriptions, and apply. As a BU Alum, Mr. Montoni is very interested in seeing BU students take advantage of all that MAXIMUS has to offer.
Must be a US Citizen
Student status: undergraduate – either Class of 2011 or 2012.
Education Preferred: MAXIMUS seeks current undergraduate students of any major, but will but will give preference to the following:
• Public Policy
Technical Skills / Knowledge Required: Advanced level expertise in MS Excel applications
Personal/Soft Skills: Excellent organizational skills, exceptional interpersonal, written, verbal communications skills, demonstrated multi-tasking abilities, ability to work effectively within project teams and independently, ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment, and extensive leadership experience in either work or extracurricular activities.
Corporate Finance: Possible duties may include:
• Provide functional support to MAXIMUS external auditors.
• Test for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Process day-to-day general ledger transactions to gain exposure to standard accounting principles.
• Provide support to segment finance teams for billing and contract information.
Corporate Marketing/Proposals: Possible duties may include:
• Perform research of best in class materials from MAXIMUS document repository in response to proposal requests from potential clients.
• Perform quality checks on facts, figures and data through interaction with consultants and managers.
• Write summaries on this data for use in current and future proposals.
Human Capital: Possible duties may include:
• Perform analysis functions such as compensation, benefits, new hire on-boarding, recruitment, employee retention and training.
• Contribute to annual budget planning cycle through forecasting and financial modeling.
• Contribute to the development of collateral marketing materials for recruitment purposes.
About Richard A. Montoni:
Chief Executive Officer, President and Director of MAXIMUS
Richard Montoni has served as Chief Executive Officer, President and board member since 2006. Mr. Montoni is responsible for the transformation of MAXIMUS into the leading pure-play provider in the administration of government health and human services. As CEO and President, Mr. Montoni is charged with driving the MAXIMUS mission of Helping Government Serve the People®, while leading the strategic vision of the Company. Prior to his appointment as CEO, Mr. Montoni spent four years as Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of MAXIMUS.
Mr. Montoni has served as Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President for CIBER, where he also served as a director. Before joining CIBER, he was an audit partner with KPMG, where he worked for nearly 20 years.
Mr. Montoni holds a B.S. in economics from Boston University and an M.A. in accounting from Northeastern University.